BUILDING COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS IN RESEARCH 2
The goal of HHS is to promote awareness of and appropriate community participation in health research. Dialogue must continue among HHS agencies, researchers, and communities to provide ongoing development and guidance for building meaningful health research partnerships with communities. HHS will undertake the following action steps to attain this goal:
- Establishment of a federally mandated Task Force on Participatory Research. The Task Force will be composed of representatives from diverse communities, research institutions, and HHS agencies.
- The Task Force will conduct regional hearings to gain gressroots community input on
mechanisms and actions needed to build partnerships in research.
- The Task Force will develop guidance on participatory research based on these hearings
and other appropriate processes.
- The Task Force will develop a plan to increase community participation in government-
- Development and implementation of an HHS-wide evaluation plan to assess
the impact of current health research processes, procedures, and funding
mechanisms on community participation in health research and implementation
of changes as needed to facilitate the use of participatory research models.
Back to Table of Contents
Executive Summary - page 1
Complete Report (1.5MB pdf file)
Back to the Reports page
Back to Minority Health home page